Monday, February 11, 2013

I hope Jace survives childhood.

My sweet baby boy can't catch a break.  See his sweet face below?  And then you gasp and wonder what in the world is on his cheek??



It's a boil.

He got a pimple overnight sometime back in January.  Not thinking much about it, we kind of thought it would go away in a few days...but then it was time for his birthday (2 weeks later) and it was still very much present...although fading.  Then two days ago it started getting really red, inflamed and hard to the touch.  It didn't see to bother him but oh man, it was bothering us as parents!

Fast forward to today when our doctor confirms it's a boil, caused by bacteria and Jace will now be on two antibiotics to get rid of this thing.  Uhh, gross.

But an even better story is what happened to him last night.
 Jace wakes up around 4 am, screaming.  He has soaked through his diaper and pjs and desperately wants to be dried off so he can continue to sleep.  So Justin goes to his room, changes him and puts him back in bed.  Jace keeps screaming so I bring him tylenol (for teething) and a cup of water.  He calms down but 20 minutes later is screaming again.  Confused as to what is going on - all his needs are met - I go back in to see if he randomly has a poopy 10 minutes after his diaper change.  Jace is just tossing his head around with his eyes closed since he is so tired.  So I peek in his diaper and I see something a little odd.

This.

It's his a paci.  Covered in powder that somehow got stuck in his diaper during the change.  I am trying to keep it together so I can get Jace back to sleep.  I go back to our room and tell Justin I found a paci in Jace's diaper...

He said, "oh, I wondered where that went!"

Well, I found it.

6 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

LOL...oh, sorry, that last part got me! Poor kiddo! I hope his boil heals soon!

Tarren and Erin said...

That is hilarious! I saw the comment about the paci on facebook and wondered where you had found it.

Chellie said...

hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Too funny.

Michelle said...

That is so funny.....I always keep those kinds on the string cause they are soooo impossible to find without them. I can't see them in the day light....

Kim Buesing said...

thank goodness for Mommies! :)

Maria said...

Loved that story!