Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Little Monster Fun

We had a fun time celebrating Jace's 1st birthday on Saturday.  I wanted to keep it fairly simple so we invited my family in town and a two of Jace's friends (well, our friends that we want our child to be friends with.) since Jace doesn't really have his own friends yet.

Before everyone came, we had a little camera fun.


And remember all the months of my kid in a laundry basket?  This is why I made him do that!

I wanted to see how he grew!

Our party was later in the day - 3:30 - so I could just do snacks.  I had favors in the form of balloons and these duck monsters I found online at a party surplus store.  I didn't know they were ducks and I didn't realize how small they were when I ordered them, but Jace loved his when I put them in his bath!  So, it worked out well.

Then everything has to be labeled monster at a monster party so we had monster fruit, Monster cookies and monster cupcakes!  (Let's add more sugar, huh?)

 
But the most fun part was Justin and I got to decorate these little guys Saturday morning.  We had fun picking colors, slapping the icing in ziplock bags and making them just look monster-y.  I didn't have enough M&M's after making the cookies which would have been an additional decoration for the eyes, but they still look perfect to me!


Jace woke up just in time for his party!  His friends were ready to celebrate. Sorta.


So we opened some presents...he wasn't really excited about sitting on my lap to do this.  He didn't care much about it until I gave him some tissue paper to shred.


 And then let the cupcake eating begin.  


His first reaction was to take the cupcake in his hand and throw it off his tray.  He did that about 2 more times until we shoved cake in his mouth.  Then he got the idea and went to town.



And loved every minute of it after that!
 
Some of our older party comers got to enjoy the monster grins.
 And then Jace decided he had too much birthday.  Oh well.  It's his party and he can cry if he wants to.

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

OH, so true! It's great to do fun cute stuff but who's kidding, it's really for the parents! Love the monster cupcakes and the picture banner!