Friday, February 1, 2013

Haylie's Tantrum Highlights


  • Extreme crying, yelling, screaming, flailing
  • Flopping down on her stomach to beat the ground
  • Flipping over to hit her head on the ground so she can cry about it
  • Shaking
  • Twisting back and forth in what can only be an effort to shake off of the demons inside her
  • Hitting
  • Extreme crying, yelling, screaming, flailing
  • Kicking
  • Peeing her pants
  • Falling down on her knees on a concrete sidewalk
  • Flying back onto her back on same concrete sidewalk
  • Extreme crying, yelling, screaming, flailing
  • Crawling on hands and knees to get out of the car after I lock her in
  • Setting off the panic alarm in car while I went back to get calm brother
  • Refusing to get in car seat
  • Not bending an inch so I can force her in car seat
  • Extreme crying, yelling, screaming, flailing
Oh this kid.  We had quite a ride on Wednesday morning and to avoid a very long story, I just provided you with highlights from an hour long tantrum my kid threw at church and continued in the car and at home...for no reason.  I got pity looks, I got scared looks...I had my hands full with bags and a baby and coats so I could barely manage my kid out the door. Thankfully I did with no major damage to any of us and I got her home.

The best part was?  I had just sat through a parenting class...learning how to better control my child. I wasn't expecting a test at the end.

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh my dear friend! I think I witnessed part of this on Wed. morning during the CWBS leaders' class. We heard it and I had to leave early but thought that was you trying to reason with her as I hurriedly left the building. I hope this phase passes quickly for you! I can't remember alot about that stuff but my first advice is ...ignore it. Don't let her see that it affects you. And certainly don't give in! Bless you!

Erin said...

Oh man. To know that she was causing a ruckus and people could hear her in their classes...ugh. When you saw me, I was probably trying to talk to her to calm her down - since I didn't know what was the matter!! It didn't work though. What a day!