Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Say Hello!

To my new floor (sample)! We have gotten so many samples over the last week or so.  I've been to Don's Floor Gallery (three times), Lumber Liquidators, Floor Trader, Lowe's, Home Depot and Smith's Carpet & Tile (twice).

Thankfully, Smith's has what we want, for the price we want.

Don't you love it?  It has three varying wood plank sizes that you alternate, is handscraped and has chatter marks so if we drop something on the floor, you'll never know where it hit.

The two pics are the same floor...or are supposed to be.  We've decided to just hardwood everything and get a huge area rug for the living room.  I think that's the best decision and will re-sale better if we do it that way.  Or maybe I am just so sick of my nasty living room carpet that it doesn't matter to me what we do, just as long as it's gone.  You'll never know.

I'm hopeful this project will be done soon...but as with everything we do, it will be longer than I hope for.  That's okay.  We've lived with concrete for this long, what's a couple more months?

2 comments:

Brei said...

That's gonna look so awesome! I'm excited for you and a little jealous! That is basically what I have always wanted!

Chellie said...

I like it. Good decision. Glad Smith's worked for you.