Friday, March 2, 2012

One Month Today!

My newest baby turned one month old today.  I really feel like I just had him yesterday (mentally, not physically thankfully).

I have no idea what his "stats" are but I do know he is a lot heavier & longer.  So, there ya go.

He still doesn't do much, he is still quite a sleeper during the day.  He is going for longer stretches at night but in the mornings it is just ridiculous.  No matter what time he is fed last, he always wakes up around 5:30-6 to eat again.  Haylie usually wakes up around this time (ugh) and so thus begins the day.  I do not care for this schedule.




 I chose the wrong time to try to take his picture.  He was starting to get hungry so that's why he is sad.  Otherwise, he wouldn't probably care at all.  He is pretty chill like that.  Unlike his sister who at one month was still quite a screamer.
Haylie @  1 month
(Please do not judge the messiness in the background.  It's inevitable.)
And here is he naked and covered in his infant acne.  I hope this isn't foreshadowing his teenage skin...because if so, he doesn't have a chance.

Going from one to two has certainly had it's challenges.  It takes me about 2 hours to try to get out of the house, I have gone back to living in 3-4 hour stretches, and coming up with the energy to entertain my two year old certainly has proven to be exhausting.  It's a good day if I can actually take a nap and we have fewer than 5 threats of time-outs or spankings (usually which 75% of those actually happen).  But Jace is such a good baby that he only cries if he is hungry, has a dirty diaper or is sleepy.

I can't believe a month has already gone by. I know everything probably goes by quicker with the second one, but I'm hoping to enjoy him as much as I can.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Maddie had that baby acne so bad, it really bothered Jeremy, which I think is funny.