Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It grew legs and just walked off

See the beautiful ring below? The one that was given to me as a symbol of love and forever just 5 short years ago?


I lost it.

I want to throw up just thinking that it's possibly gone for good.

At the end of my pregnancy, I stopped wearing it since my fingers were a little swollen and it wasn't fitting comfortably any more.  I kept it in the bathroom so when I wanted to wear it again, I would know where to look.  Well, a week ago I tidied up the bathroom and I put it in either a box with my earrings that my hubby had just given me or my jewelry box.  I can't remember which but I know it was one of the two.

Well, the other day I was ready to try to wear it again and I go to get it - and it's not there.

Nothing is more frustrating to me than remembering exactly where I had it last and then it not being in that same place.  The only thing I can think of is one certain 2 year old who loves to get in things and puts them in different places.  I do remember last week when I was in the shower, she came and flushed the toilet.  I am hoping that my ring didn't go down with that flush.  It's a good possibility though.

I've shown her pictures, I've asked her several times, I've even tried to recreate her playing with my jewelry to see what she does.  Never does any jewelry go beyond the bathroom and she just repeats any question I ask her.  I'm not getting any information out of her!

I feel like I've looked over every square inch of my house, but I'm going to keep trying.  Justin says we can just get another one, but I don't want another one.  I want the one I had.  I want to not lose sleep over where it could be.  I want Haylie to tell me if she put it somewhere.  I want it to not hopefully be at the bottom of some sewage plant.

So if anyone has any ideas or wants to come help me look, please do.  I'm going crazy!

4 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Im so sorry. I absolutely hate losing things and canu derstand how miserable this must be. Iwill hunt with u when i come home and visit u!

Unknown said...

This exact thing happened to a MOPS friend of mine a few weeks ago! She is still searching for it weeks later. I hope you find it soon!

Unknown said...

I'm an expert at losing things. Check the pockets of any pants, sweaters, or bath robes you may have worn when you were tidying the bathroom. Check your lint trap. Put panty hose over your tube vacuum attachment and vacuum all the nooks and crannies of your bedroom and bathroom. Also, I've had friends who have lost their wedding rings only to have them turn up months later, caught in a pillow sham or just laying in the carpet. So take heart! You may find it yet!

Unknown said...

Oh, and if your jewelry box sits on a dresser with drawers below, check in the drawers. Picture a cracked drawer and a ring falling into some folded socks. It's happened to me!!