Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I did it!

Last week was my first whole week going solo with two kids.  I was a little anxious, but I mentally planned out the week and hoped we could have a fun time...and we did!  We made it to school on time, to the library, the park, a walk or two, and just enjoyed being together.  There were a few tears and melt-downs, but I just dealt with it the best I could.  Exhausting?  Yes.  But everyone survived!

Last Wednesday was ridiculously nice so I decided to bust out our "new" 
 (thank you, Craigslist) double stroller and walk with the kids to the park.



Katie B, why does this picture remind me of Coralie?

Airing out those toes!
We were doing good until Jace started to cry.  We started back home hoping the walking motion would soothe him.  It did not. I get him out of the stroller to try to calm him, but when I go to put him back in, Haylie's bear is in the carseat, already buckled in. Throwing Bear out, I change Jace's diaper awkwardly on the side of the road in the stroller.  It helps for a minute, but then he roars again. So I get him out again.  The second Jace is out of the seat, Bear is back in.  Ugh!! Finally realizing J is hungry (even though he JUST ate before we left), I unbuckle Bear one more time and we just head home as fast as I can walk.

I get Jace inside and let Haylie go run around the backyard while I feed the baby. Justin had called Okie One Call to come mark our utilities so he could safely dig out a garden plot and when I go to find Haylie, she had run around and collected all the flags!! (Good thing they paint the lines too.)

So proud of her accomplishment!
I guess she wanted to plant her own garden - so we now have flags for flowers.


But that's okay with me!

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

ha love the flags! Glad your week went well. Did you find your ring?

Brei said...

that's cute! i remember picking those flags up when I was little from a house that was being built next door. good times!

Kathryn said...

You had a very successful first week, sounds like! I'm proud of you. And yes, H resembles C in that picture-- is it the eyes?