Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Bane of My Existence...

Is now finally level.  How's the bathroom project going, you ask?  Ugghh.  Justin and I spent 3.5 hours in the bathroom on Friday night lifting the 300 lb cast iron bathtub, re-shimming, putting it back down, testing out the level, measuring 14 times, repeat, repeat, repeat.  Saturday we thankfully went to see Dave Ramsey LIVE! so we were not able to spend the day on it.  Most of the day today was spent trying to figure out what the crap we were doing and even Ace, the Helpful Place was not so helpful.  Home Depot finally came to our rescue with some composite plastic shims that we could use and Justin ended up shimming that tub up like nobody's business.

It's done.  Finally. 

Now we can move on to something else, like the rest of the bathroom.  This was the one thing that was keeping us from doing anything else.  I just can not express to you the hatred I felt in my heart towards the bathtub...I might not let anyone use it for fear of un-leveling it.  If that were to happen, I would cry and hopefully then my handy man hubby might finally just call someone to do it for us.