Friday, December 4, 2009

Haylie Brooke

Leaving Mercy on 12/3/09 around 11 am

Haylie Brooke Cornell - fresh to the world!

Daddy holding daughter

Cousin Eli holding Haylie and Dog the dog watching!

Photo shoot at the hospital
Details of her arrival!
Sunday 11/29/09 - about 8pm the contractions started to come harder and closer together. We decided to time them and about the 5 minute mark, we head to the hospital. After being monitored and not having any progress made, we were allowed to go home (with sleeping pills!)
Monday 11/30/09 - I had contractions all night and all day. About 7 pm, Justin calls to the hospital to see if we can get sleeping pills or something for the contractions. They told us to come in to be monitored since they can't just give out a pill. We go up there thinking we were going to just be told the same thing from the previous night. We basically were - after they called my doctor we were told we could either go home or stay and be monitored through the night and be induced in the morning. At this point I'm still a 3 but am about 85% effaced. We chose to go home since the word "induce" was a bit scary to both of us - we were hesitant about having to end up with a c-section. I was given a double dose of pain meds which didn't even phase my pain and 2 sleeping pills.
Tuesday 12/1/09 - After running by McDonalds for some ice cream and cookies (to work through the contractions of course), went home and had more stronger contractions. I was so sleepy that I would fall asleep immediately but then have to get up to work through the contractions.
2:30 am we decide to go back to the hospital.
6:00 am I get an epidural and get started on pitocin.
8:45 am my doctor comes in to talk to me and to break my water. She says she'll see me later in the afternoon - that's probably how long it will take.
9:15ish am I feel like I need some relief. Another epidural is given at a higher dosage. I am loving this doctor who is numbing me up!
I am checked again pretty soon after that and I am at a 9!! The nurse had been working with me to show me how to push and she tells me to stop everything and calls my doctor to come ASAP! By the time my doctor gets there, I push for about 30 minutes or so and Haylie is born at 10:35 am!!
It all happened so fast that I am surprised I remember a lot of it. I am just SO happy she is finally here!

12 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Erin, she is beautiful! Glad things went well!

Crislyn said...

Oh wow--she is absolutely precious!! CONGRATS!! So excited for your new family! :)

Chellie said...

So glad she's here!! We are so happy for you guys.. she's beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She's perfect!

Ryan and Katie said...

she's precious! hope to come see u again next week!

Kayla said...

So excited for you!!!

Candice said...

Erin, I love these pictures of her! She is beautiful, precious, awesome!!! Glad to see your birth experience seems to have gone well!:)
Can't wait to see her! It may be a little while, but looking forward to it!

Michelle said...

She is so cute! Congrats!

Melody said...

Yeah!!!!!! That makes me so excited & I'm so happy it went so quickly for you! She is so cute & I can't wait to see her. Still thinking & praying for you guys.

Rachel said...

Congratulations! We will continue to keep you in our prayers as you begin this journey. She's precious!

Lauren said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Erin, congrats! I love reading about your birth experience, so glad all went well. You'll be a great mom!!

Heather