Monday, November 16, 2009

Surprises

On Friday we finally were able to get together with my family. It had been awhile since I've seen my own dad so it was nice to all be together and enjoy an evening of games. While we were still sitting around before we got wild & crazy playing the Game of Life, my nephew was running around like a crazy man and entertaining us all. My bro-in-law pulled him over to the side, so I thought that he was just being told to calm it down a little bit. Well, the next words out of Eli's mouth was "I'm going to be a big brother." YEA!!!! Clint & Emily are expecting another little one in May! I am super excited because this will give Haylie a little cousin that she can play with. This baby will be closer to her than any of the other cousins, so that will be super nice.

After all the excitement though, my sister told me she had a funny story for me. We go to the same OB, so the day they were there for the ultrasound and confirmation, she mentioned to Dr. Wilks that she would be delivering "my sisters baby soon." So Dr. Wilks asked who her sister was and she told her my name. Lo and behold, Dr. Wilks said that I would be coming in to see her in 20 minutes! Well, E wasn't ready for me to find out that day so Operation Sneak Out came into play. E went to grab C, who was sitting in the waiting room so I wouldn't see him when I walked in. Then at one point, they were hiding in Dr. Wilks' office so I wouldn't notice them and while I was being called back, E was walking up to the check out desk looking towards the wall so I wouldn't see her face at all. And I think C went out the back entrance. All in all, I obviously didn't notice they were there - not that I probably would have anyway. I'm pretty oblivious about stuff like that. But how random that the connection was made and they were able to sneak out without me knowing.

So needless to say, I am super pumped about becoming an aunt again! I think my mom is on hypermode with now two babies in the near future. We might have to give her a hyperventilation bag. :)

2 comments:

Kayla said...

That is funny timing!

Lisa said...

YAY!!! How exciting!! I'm so happy for Emily and what a funny story!! Tell her congrats!!