Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bittersweet

Tomorrow is my last day of work. At an office, I mean. :) It is very bittersweet and I'm trying to take it all in because it will be a long time until I can "get away to an office" instead of being at home with a baby. But I'm just so dang excited to become a mom that it's not really sinking in that I need to grasp these last few hours. I don't think it helps that Thanksgiving is a day away and I'm super excited to see my family!

At my last doctors appointment (yesterday) I haven't made any new progress so my doctor is thinking Haylie will come next week, closer to my due date. I can't believe my due date is next THURSDAY! When I informed Justin of this, he said he wasn't ready and needed more time. Really? I think we are out of that.

We will keep everyone posted on her arrival and will post pictures and stuff when she's born!!

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Praying for you guys!! I'll be checking emails, texts, and blogs frequently!

Unknown said...

Yay for the home stretch! I don't think you'll really miss working too much. I loved my job and loved my coworkers and I missed the people and occasionally missed being a smarty-pants scientist.... but I didn't actually miss going to work, and I surely didn't prefer having a "job" to being a mom. So enjoy your last day, but look forward to the new chapter ahead!

Kayla said...

Oh wow next Thursday! So exciting!