Sunday, November 22, 2009

Rudeness at New Moon

Yesterday I went with a few friends to see New Moon!! Yes, I am over the age of 13 but I still love the Twilight books and of course now the movies as they premiere. We were clever though and went to the Saturday matinee where the percentage of teeny boppers was less than 75%. Such a good movie - much better than the first Twilight in my opinion. The acting was less...awkward. I do think Kristen Stewart as Bella has an eye contact problem and hopes she works on that for the next two.

Anyway, before the movie started, Jessica and I decided to go get some concessions. Jessica headed out to the food court to get the drinks while I waited in line to get the candy. I was waiting in line, not really paying attention to the guy in front of me (deemed Short Man) when all of a sudden I hear, "Where did he go? I've been waiting forever." Short Man was asking this of the cashier to the left of us (deemed Bob). He then asks rudely to Bob, "Will you come over here and serve me?" Normally I do not speak up in situations such as this, but I said "Sir, he can't come over here to serve you - he has a line of his own." Short Man didn't turn around or say anything to me. Our cashier (Tim) comes back with water and Short Man says, "You idiot, I wanted a large water. I don't want YOU to serve me. (Turns to Bob). I want you to come over here and serve me." Once again I am getting mad because this is ridiculous and I say again, "Sir, he can't. He has a line of his own." Tim gets out his large water, Short Man pays in a huff and stalks off. My turn is next so I apologize for the rudeness of Short Man and Tim says, "it's okay, it happens every day." Seriously?? Who would put up with that!

I just couldn't believe the impatience and the audacity this Short Man had to act in such a manner and to demand someone else who was busy to stop everything and come serve him. People can be so ridiculous. Maybe this is why I do not go to the movies very often!

4 comments:

Kayla said...

oh my. I don't have much patience for rude people!! I tend to be sarcastic and say stuff like...I bet he forgot this world revolves around you...and how dare he make a mistake...ugh.

Brei said...

Because of this story, I will now think that every short man is rude. :)

Rachel said...

Blair is short.

Candice said...

Shorty has a Napoleon complex...that is what it is:). Can't wait to see New Moon, but it probably won't be until it comes out on DVD. The first one...yikes...you hit the nail on the head with one word...awkward. I was so disappointed. I am glad you liked the 2nd one better.