Sunday, September 27, 2009

Resolutions

On Wednesdays, we go to the Psalms class that is being taught by Todd Wright, Kent Allen, John deSteigeur & Mark Taylor. I am really enjoying this class. It was very interesting to me this past week when we talked about "Inattention." There are lots of things that capture my attention, but sometimes I really need to stop and think - are those really as important as spending time with God or even my spouse? I really have a struggle with this, especially lately. I am so consumed with being busy - spending time with friends, doing stuff around the house, shopping for various things, church things, working, sleeping when possible and getting prepared for a huge life changing event like having a baby. I just need to stop and slow down.

So in my attempt to slow down, my resolutions to try towork on are the following:

1. Turn off the radio in the car and spend that time talking to God and just being...still. No extra noise needed.
2. Spend more time at home. Whether this means having friends over or just being there by myself or with Justin, that's just what I need.
3. Attempt to read my Bible more. This was proposed by Todd Wright in the first class and I have yet to follow through with this, but it's something I really need to work on.

Life is flying by - I want to stop and enjoy it for awhile :)

No comments: