Sunday, August 16, 2009

We're Back!

I do not think I will sit ever again. I barely made it through the one day of 13.5 hours of driving. To say that I feel like someone is permanently smashing my spine down and my butt permanently flat might be a bit of an understatement. The plan wasn't to do all that driving in one day, but we both just wanted to get home. And good thing we did! Our lawn, which I sometimes say is a mini-jungle in Edmond, literally IS a jungle in Edmond. I am really surprised that we didn't have some nasty notice from the City of Edmond AND the City of Oklahoma City saying that our yard is a disgrace and you will be fined unless you take care of it!

Grasshoppers view of our grass. Pretty scary.

Overgrown garden...

For some reason 1/3 of our flowers died, but the rest are still growing like champs. Weird.

And to top all this - we had a very lonely kitty (her fault since she wouldn't come out to play when she had visitors) who wouldn't let us out of her sight for the rest of the evening once we got home. Then she decided that at 6:45 this morning, she had had enough alone time and needed attention.

Got lots of pictures and fun stories from a week at the beach, but until the chores from being away are done, I guess it will have to wait.

It's good to be home.

No comments: