Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We Have a Problem...

So this morning started out like any other. Me getting up at the very last second and getting ready at lightening speed. Of course Caramel was up and about with me and waited patiently in the bathroom for me to finish showering. I walked back and forth in and out of the bathroom a few times and didn't notice a thing. Then as I was on my way into the bathroom for the last time, I see a ginormous spider on the floor right by the door jam. This is no ordinary spider. It could have eaten Caramel or my face. So, since Justin was sleeping ever so peacefully, I gasp and start screaming for him to get up. He flies out of bed to see this whopping huge spider on the floor and I'm holding Caramel back because she finally sees it and wants to play with it. After a few minutes of chasing the spider and finally killing it, my hands stop shaking.

But if you know me at all, I actually did very well in seeing this spider. Normally I all but pass out when seeing one of these nasty things. And no I did not take a picture because who wants to see that over and over?

But this is not the first spider we've had. Justin said he killed one twice that size two days ago in our guest room. This has been the 4th spider killed of THIS SIZE IN MY HOUSE.

Tonight we went to bible study and came home where I awesomely found another one IN THE KITCHEN. (Why am I the one who always finds these?) So now I am looking at every crevice, every little place they could be hiding and expecting one to be there.

Where do they come from?? Why are they here?? Do they touch my clothes, do they touch me when I'm sleeping??? I feel so itchy and disgusting now. Lord can only help me if I find one in my sheets. I might be coming to stay at your house.

5 comments:

Kari said...

it's probably a wolf spider. they tend to live under floorboards and hunt their prey (other insects in your house) at night. this time of year you tend to see them more. and while i admit, I do kill them when I see them (i know--i'm the WORST science teacher ever) they are harmless to humans.
they don't spin webs, and are not poisonous (to humans), and are not aggressive and do not bite.
apparently they are actually very handy to have around the house; as they kill other pests.
the mamas carry their babies on their backs, so if you see one whose abdomen looks bumpy, don't kill it unless you use spray because the babies will scatter EVERYWHERE and there can be thousands of them on her back (maybe just hundreds, but it seems like thousands!).

good luck! i love you! and miss you! :)

Ryan and Katie said...

YUCK!! Our exterminator we got for our cockroach problem was awesome so if you want his name and number just let me know. He also works at OC.

Unknown said...

If I were you, I'd move. I can't STAND spiders, and if I found a large one...especially 4, I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night.

Definitely try an exterminator first. Then try moving. :)

OK Chick said...

I've noticed spiders in my house. It's so gross. I don't know what the deal is this summer. I killed two yesterday and one this AM.

Kayla said...

Very true. Wes stepped on a big spider at his brother's house last year and all of the sudden MILLIONS of tiny babies went everywhere! They were the size of a speck of dust. They are fast and impossible to kill them all. We ran to get spray and killed a ton but I'm sure a lot got all over the place. Anyway, we get ants every year during this time. We need to call an exterminator too.