Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Randomness

Yesterday I was driving home on the Broadway Extension and all of a sudden I see a big thing of smoke come out of someone's car. Then I smell burned rubber. I then saw a car do a 360 turn into the median where it hit the side barrier. The car seemed okay and both the people popped out, unhurt. When I drove by, it looked like they were laughing... so I hope they didn't do that on purpose just for a joyride.

We watched "Shaq Vs" last night. I thought it was going to be pretty stupid but I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. He was playing against Ben Rothlisberger (sp?) and my favorite quote of the night: "Interception by Shaq - and he wasn't even in the game!" It's pretty hysterical to watch Shaq try to sprint, too. He is just so big.

I think Justin is nesting. He has all these projects that he has to finish (or so he says) before Haylie comes. Like, a new side fence, replacing siding on the chimney, new lights in the showers...his list just goes on and on.

I'm sad that tonight was the last WOW class of the summer. Why can't it be year-round?

I have had the best time scheduling meals for the Haskews. It's been great talking and connecting to people through email and phone calls throughout the week. Makes me feel useful in God's kingdom.

I can't wait for Financial Peace to start. Hopefully Justin will "de-stress" once he realizes that he does have things organized well and we will be able to talk about something else. :)

Our freezer has gone ka-put. In fact, we were keeping a bag of Rhodes frozen rolls in there - ya know, the kind that have to rise before you bake them? They were in our freezer...and started to rise...in the bag. That's a sure sign your freezer is broken. :(

Justin just called me "Nugget Snot." The bad thing is, he meant to call me "Nugget Slice." Now that's love.

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Isn't it great when the guy nests for you!? :) I love your bump and her name!

Gena said...

When is financial peace starting? I have always wanted to go.