Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chicago for the Weekend

This past weekend for Memorial Day, we headed up to Chicago for Justin's cousin Victoria's wedding. Let me tell you - this was a fantastic wedding. She had been planning it for over a year and it showed! It pays to be running late & family because we, the tacky cousins from Oklahoma, got a front row seat at the ceremony. Aww yea.
The ceremony started a wee bit late (what's 30 minutes in a small pew with no cushion and an aching back) with Dan (Justin's dad) taking pictures of my ankles and other random objects. He was keeping me entertained. The ceremony was beautiful and I was holding up pretty well until Justin pointed out that Arnold was crying as soon as he saw the first bridesmaid. He really lost it when he saw Victoria - who was stunning in her simple, yet elegant dress.

Beautiful ceremony - the minister started out with "Mawwage" like in the Princess Bride and he gave them a really beautiful picture as his gift (he tied it into his message but I can't remember what it was now. Oops) It was all going well...until the best man passed out. Not sure what happened, but poor guy was too hot or something and he couldn't stand up anymore. He got to sit the rest of the ceremony.
On the way back to the hotel, we saw the stretch hummer the bridesmaids came in and [Dan] was bold enough to ask the driver to take our picture inside.

At the hotel, hor d'oeuvres were served by fancy white gloved servers at 6 and then a sit down dinner was served at 7. By sit down, I mean a 4 course meal. THEN came the Sweet Table, which Victoria's mom and dad made several cheesecakes. Delicious.

All in all, it was a great weekend. Spent time with Justin's family, Brei brought me a ton of maternity clothes (which I sadly sent back to Missouri until I see them in June due to stupid flight fees - but I appreciate it so much!!), and I read THE entire first novel of Twilight. Yes, I am addicted now. Monday was a great way to end the weekend - cook out with my parents and then a cookout at the Lovetts. I am now ready for another weekend though - so thankful for the short work week!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Did Brei and them fly too or drive with the maternity clothes?!

suzspeaks said...

Hi Erin! I just found your blog tonight! I had no idea you were pregnant... congratulations!