Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Prayers

Today was a tough day for my mom and Nana. First off, my Nana had to go to the doctor for a routine check up and they found enlarged lynph nodes under her arm (close to her breast). The dr didn't like what he saw so he wanted to do a biopsy to see if she might have breast cancer. This is a hard one to swallow - my Nana is almost 87 years old and has been relatively healthy her whole life! I don't know what I'll do if she has cancer...but it could be an infection or something else, so I'm going to pray that it's something that can be taken care of with some meds. Also, my mom's cousin's house burned to the ground last night, and they had a lot of family memorabilia. All of it is now gone, they have a small amount of home insurance which won't pay for much, and they have no clothes, phone, nothing. I don't think there is anything we can do for them...at least not yet.


On a more positive note, my friend Sandra had her first baby boy yesterday!! He is totally precious and is a very relaxed baby. He wasn't supposed to come until the end of January, but he wanted to debut a little early. I am so excited for her, especially as she starts the journey of being a single mom.
Baby Jaxson

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I'll keep your family in our prayers. Let us know if we can do anything for your cousin's as far as donations go.

Jana said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so glad I found you!