Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lasik

If any of you saw Justin today, you might have noticed that he has a bit of a red eye. No, I didn't get mad and punch him in the eye...he got Lasik!! What happened is the suction cup that is put on your eye popped off TWICE so that causes the blood vessels to break and "bruise" your eye. But, it will eventually go away, it doesn't hurt (so says Justin) and it doesn't hurt your vision at all!

Anyway, Justin's lasik and my lasik were two completely different versions. I had mine done about a year ago. When I was preparing, I had my sheet of do's and don'ts, I knew what prescriptions I needed ahead of time, I had all my paperwork filled out, and I even had time before my surgery to go to breakfast with my mom and dad! Simple, organized. Justin on the other hand...goodness!! :) I let him take care of everything (since it's his lasik!) but boy, should I have at least questioned him about it. He forgot to get his prescription filled until after dinner the night before, so we had to run to Wal-greens. They were out so we went to CVS. Then the next morning he kept asking me all these questions : Can I shower, what do I wear, etc. I kept saying, I don't remember - look at your sheet! Well, he never looked at it and it resulted in him putting in hair product then having to go back and wash it out. Then he went to go get his paperwork and it wasn't filled out. So he did that ON the way to the surgery center. We were running late too. It was just one thing after another!!! Lesson learned - be organized FOR your husband.
Anyway, this is Justin in his little hat and booties before surgery. Sorry it's a little dark, I had to sneak it in. The second picture is his surgeon (and mine from a year ago) Dr. Taylor. This is about the time I got in trouble for taking pictures so, sorry, I don't have his surgery on video. I know you are disappointed. It's actually fascinating to watch, but I sure am glad I had mine done BEFORE I saw someone get it done. I don't think I would have been able to go through with it.

And this is Justin eating cookie dough on Vallium. It was pretty much amazing once that medicine kicked in. He was walking a little funny and fell asleep pretty much as soon as he laid down with his "bug shields" on.
The day was good and his vision was already 20/20 by the next morning at Dr. Wright's office. Hurrah for Lasik!
-On a separate note, our good friend just found out he has leukemia. He is only 27, and a dad of two. Any prayers you can spare is much appreciated!!!

2 comments:

Tonya Tuggle said...

Ha ha. I enjoyed this story. Your husband, like a lot of ours, needs to be babied! Thank goodness for marriage. God knows we need each other.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

That's hilarious. I didn't ask him what was wrong with his eye because I figured a million people had already asked. Good stuff to know though. Thanks for hosting tonight...very enjoyable!