Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nana

In all the craziness that has been happening lately, my mom's mom (we call her Nana) hasn't been feeling so good and was diagnosed with Lymphocytic Leukemia. (See previous post here.)When my mom told her the results of her tests, I think she took it very well, for getting the news that no one ever wants to hear. But, I am so frustrated because we found out last week and she still hasn't been to see the oncologist!! I don't understand what the doctor is doing, why he is taking so long, and why he can't figure out a treatment for her. Get on it already!!

My mom has decided to quit her full time position to help take care of Nana. The only real issue with that is that my dad and her are on the insurance through her current employer, so getting (affordable) insurance is the biggest obstacle right now. I wish it could be an easier for them...

But, thanks to everyone who has asked about and has been praying for Nana. It just seems like everything in the world is a little unstable right now. I just found out today that three more people have been laid off, so I am hoping I'm not next.

I just keep reminding myself of this verse that I heard on the radio the other day...

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

We're praying for her and your family! Love you!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Erin, I will be praying for your Nana, your Mom, and for your job situation.