Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Conversation Piece

I think people wonder about my decorating taste. If you've been to my house recently you've probably noticed the flying pig that sits neatly between by adorable nephews. Well, needless to say, there is definitely a story behind that.


It starts about Christmas time when Justin went to buy my Christmas gifts. I came home one night and he was in the office wrapping. I knock on the door since I knew what he was doing and he opened the door and let me in. That's when I saw it. The flying pig. I asked, what is that?! And he got all mad and said it was my Christmas present and he forgot to wrap it before I came in and now it's all ruined. My first thought was, WHY did he buy me THAT? I mean, I like pigs, but flying ones??

It was a few days later that I finally got the real story. Justin's work group had a dirty santa party and that is what he got stuck with. Whew, he didn't waste precious Christmas present money on that thinking I would really like it!!!

So, I'm sorry if anyone likes it, but if you do, you can really have it! Tonight at bible study everyone said it was a conversation piece, but eh, I'm okay without it.

2 comments:

jlair said...

Justin is just so thoughtful! you guys have such a fun relationship! :)

how is Nana?

check out my blog...(i know Katie already gave you the "award," but i felt that you are most certainly worthy of another!)

i will email you soon. it's been too long!

Unknown said...

That's awesome! You automatically have an easy "yes" to any arguement. If you ask him, can I have a diamond ring, and he says, "When pigs fly!" You can say, "They do! See!" And you'll get whatever you want. ;)