Sunday, December 21, 2008

Week in Review

When I started a blog, I vowed to blog at least every other day, if not every day. Well, sorry friends. Life in the Cornell household has just not been that interesting lately, even with Christmas just around the corner! Here is a little review.

Tuesday - my cousin Stephani came over for a visit!! It was nice to catch up with her.

Wednesday - Happy Birthday to my mom!!! We went to Zorba's on May for dinner and then back to my parents for presents and dessert. I made my grandmother's angel food cake from scratch as a practice round for Christmas day, and it didn't turn out too bad! We'll just have to see what Nana says on Christmas...She will be my main critic. Review on Zorba's - it was a different experience and I think everyone survived their entree's except for Clint. We are still not sure what he ordered...

Thursday - babysat Eli. We watched Elmo video's and went through the phone book to see how many AT&T's we could find. I know. Coolest aunt ever.

Friday - date night with my hubby! It's been forever since we have been anywhere by ourselves and this was long overdue. This will be another post with pictures.

Saturday - had lunch with the famous Nathan Pope at Ted's with the Eudeys, and then we went to see the Nutcracker with friends Jason and Meredith. I've never been to a ballet and this was my first...and last...time to go. The first part of the ballet was not too bad. It had a story line and moved fairly quickly. The second half, well, let's just say that I was a head bobber, trying very hard to stay awake. I'm loving the music, but I'm not loving how the sugar plum fairies each have three of their own solos, in between everyone else. We were so ready to leave that we didn't even stay to meet the dancers and have free milk and cookies...darn.

P.S. More of my infatuation with local news anchors, I saw Paul Folger from KOCO 5 at church today!!!!!! I am fascinated with these TV people. I am even friends with one of them!!!!

1 comment:

Candice said...

I am jealous about Ted's and I also do not like going to dancing shows of any kind!