Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tag #1

Katie tagged me with this fun Christmas survey, so here it goes!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
I sit them under the tree UNTIL I'm ready to wrap them :)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Whatever we have - I think it looks nicer for white lights, but I don't care really.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No - I thought I heard that it was bad to have in your house??

5. When do you put your decorations up?
As SOON as possible after Thanksgiving. I love decorating for Christmas!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)
Mashed potatoes!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
Spending the night with Emily in one of our rooms and waking up real early and trying to send the cat downstairs to see if she would "tell" us if Santa came! (uhh we were REALLY little) Then Mom and Dad would make us wait anxiously at the top of the stairs until they went down and started coffee and put on Christmas music. We absolutely could not have Christmas without Christmas music!!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I honestly don't remember - I don't think I was upset though - just as long as SOMEONE brought me presents!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
If I am lucky!! Sometimes we just do stockings and then do presents all the next day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Random childhood ornaments and others that I've picked up here and there. One day I will have a theme tree!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I like it if I can stay home and look at it. But I don't like to be out in it unless I'm skiing. I hate being cold.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes- we used to have a pond next door in PA that we could ice skate on sometimes. There was one year where the top snow layer was so icy I went skating on the snow down to the pond!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
From last year - she wasn't a gift but it was the day after Christmas we got Caramel! I'm counting it.

14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Parties - kidding. Spending time with family and remembering the REAL reason for the season.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Peanut butter cookies with hershey kisses on top.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
We don't necessarily have a tradition - but when we are in OKC, I like to go ice skating on Christmas with Justin.

17. What tops your tree?
Right now - nothing. We don't have the top part of our tree - hopefully it comes soon!!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
GIVING!!!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Silent Night - close second is O Holy Night - worst rendition ever! It's hilarious!

20. Candy Canes​!​ Yuck or Yum?
YUCK - I don't like peppermint.

21. What do you want for Christmas?
Light jacket, decor for our house, CD's, etc.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas Party?
Bible Study Christmas Party, Elf Party, any of Justin's work parties

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs?
PJ's in the morning opening gifts, but then my new clothes if I got them

24. Do you own a Santa hat?
Nope!

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
Depending on the year - Cornells or Petersons. Either one I love them!!!!!!

Last time I did this it didn't work so here it goes again. I tag:

Krystal
Kayla
Amy C.
Candice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the WORST song I have ever heard! hahaha How did you find that?