Saturday, January 5, 2013

WW:Week 1

Week one of participating in Weight Watchers has come and gone.  I'm excited to say...I lost 5 lbs!  That's really exciting and helped my motivation go up at least a notch or two.  I was able to go walk/run at least 3 times since Justin was home on break. This week so far has proven more difficult to get that in...along with not feeling great.  So, I'll jump back on the workout wagon next week when the kids go back to school.

I was intimidated to go grocery shopping, thinking my bill was going to triple (since, you know, I'm buying healthy food now) but it was less than anticipated ANNND I was still able to get lots of items at ALDI (which is a must!)  I made some delicious muffins that were an easy breakfast and had awesome, filling sandwiches for lunch (turkey+cucumber+pesto=love).  I was full from both of those that I didn't need snacks in between! I've even been able to eat dessert, as long as I kept my portions in control.

Dinners I have kept pretty easy so far.  Turkey burgers, steaks & sweet mashed potatoes, grilled chicken & lots of fruits and veggies.  This week I'm venturing out in the recipe world for more put together casseroles and main dishes.  Last night I tried this and almost burned them.  They were still okay...but I don't know that I'd want to use high points on a small portion like I did.

Week one was a success!


6 comments:

Michelle said...

I've had success with ww both times I've done it. I had to quit both times cause I was pregnant...my only complaint is after about 3 months, I just get tired of keeping track of the points....

Unknown said...

Congrats Erin! Stick with it! I just posted about starting week 1 and re-committing to WW again since I fell off the bandwagon with the holidays. Please share any yummy low point recipes you try!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That is great! Wow. Now that we just had the last Christmas party, I'm ready to join the weight loss wagon and lose this 10 lbs. that's been bugging me!

Sara said...

Awesome Erin! So proud of you. You are giving me some motivation to start it again! Had success doing it after J was born.

Chellie said...

Awesome!! I grabbed Aldi's flyer for next week a couple days ago and they're going to start carrying organic stuff too! I love that store.

Maria said...

That's AWESOME!! Proud of you!