Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolutions

It's one thing to know you need to lose weight, it's another to put it on the interweb for all to read.  Either way, last Thursday I started Weight Watchers. The best response I got so far was, "Like you need that!" (Thanks Aunt Amy.)  Truth is, I am so tired of none of my clothes fitting, eating foods that just made me more tired, and just generally not feeling comfortable in my skin.  Instead of waiting for the New Year, I decided just to jump right in.  I know myself and if I wasn't going to start that day, then I wasn't going to start at all.  I had to go grocery shopping that night because I didn't have much to eat that wouldn't exceed my points!  (That will give you an idea of all the junk in our house.)

And so far...I love it!! I really do enjoy finding these new foods that make me feel fuller, longer.  I love having more energy and I love knowing that if I want to go use my treadmill, my husband will watch the kids for me.  It's also wonderful to know what I'm eating won't add more inches and I'm also learning that maybe I might like some things I turned my nose up at before.  But let's not talk about that.

Anyway, I'm hopeful I will make some progress.  I only fell off the wagon one night and that was New Years Eve...but seriously...who can resist a table full of Chinese food?!  (And I counted all my points.)

So, I guess my only resolution (that started early) is to get more healthy...and that's it.  Oh and doing something in the Oklahoma City Marathon this year - 5K, relay, half...I'm not quite sure which.  Now, that's it.

Justin said his resolution is spending more time with the family - which I love!

Keep us accountable, friends.  We will need it!

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

Please share any new recipes you find and love! Making healthy choices is much easier when you have others to encourage you...the holiday season is NOT a good encourager ;) way to stay strong!