Thursday, January 3, 2013

11 months and counting...

1.2.13
Happy 11 months, Jace!  (Only a day late, I'm getting better!)

In one short month, I will no longer technically have a baby! The thought just struck me that I better get on planning his birthday party...this time last year I was having a baby shower and thinking I would have him at any minute - joke was certainly on me when I finally chose to be induced a month later.

My sweet Jace is now enjoying being mobile by backwards pushing and getting into everything.  He is on the verge (how many weeks have we said this?!) of crawling and is finally putting some of the motions together.  It helps we mostly have wood floors because he literally can slide everywhere. **Update - Jace crawled for the first time last night at church!!** 

No real verbal words yet, but he has a way of yelling to let you know what his wishes are.  It usually involves food.
This past month for him has included a lot of sickness - and I'm hoping that we will have a more healthy upcoming month and year.  He constantly has a runny nose and cough but we just wipe snot, sanitize and keep going.  We got to celebrate with him his first Christmas, which was fun but he didn't know it was a holiday so we just tried to keep him on his schedule as best we could.

And the countdown to 1 begins...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The laundry basket is a great idea to keep them still, I can't keep Kellyn still for a month picture to save my life....

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Such a sweet little boy! You are smart to try to keep him on schedule. Have fun planning the birthday!

Proud of you about your resolutions, too! This is one of the hardest times in your life to try to keep fit. You will be a great example for your kids about fitness!