Friday, January 25, 2013

WW:Update

I've been doing Weight Watchers for a month now.  Verdict? It's works!  Does it suck sometimes?  Yep. But only when faced with sweets or fried food or chips and queso!  I have lost a total of 10 pounds...which I'm super proud about.  It makes giving up that extra piece of cake or french fries with my meals worth it.  I still feel great and am not that sick of turkey sandwiches yet.  Ha!  (In all honesty, I choose to eat turkey sandwiches most days...because I know I like it and it's not a lot of points.)

I have found a few good recipes that have gotten a thumbs up from my family, ahem, hubby.  Haylie eats it because I'm not about to make her something else and she has the most disgusted look on her face while chewing.  If we smothered it in cheese she'd probably like it.  *sigh*

Cheeseburger Soup - 5 points.  This is a great comfort dish.  I found myself wanting more than the 1 cup serving.  This also took a lot more time than I had anticipated, but it still doesn't take a LOT of time.  The next time I make it, I'll be more prepared with what prep I need to do.

Lasagna Skillet - 7 points.  This was super easy.  I didn't have all the proper ingredients on hand and I improvised.  We didn't have any mushrooms (our fresh ones were NOT fresh and no canned ones) and I forgot to add the mozzarella...but even with those missing, I thought it was DELICIOUS.  Pair it with a salad and you can pretend you are at some great Italian restaurant.

Here is the website where I found these recipes and a bunch of others I plan on trying soon.

I also LOVE this one --> Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms - 4 points.  (Let me know if you can't get to this recipe since it's on the WW website.)  It's fairly easy and delicious.  Anything with sauteed mushrooms is good in my book!

I find that the weekends are the hardest since that's when we eat out or do things out of our normal schedule.  Good thing for those weekly extra points!  I also am finding out that I'd rather just go home for lunch instead of stopping by McD's so I can keep my points low.  This has been a big lifestyle change for me, but it's been a good one!  I didn't lose any weight this last week, but I'm okay with that.  It will just make me work harder this week!

Now, I'm going to go grab a banana before I get distracted by the ice cream in my freezer.

6 comments:

Tarren and Erin said...

Freeze the banana and blend it up. It is almost like ice cream.

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats! Those diet programs can be really difficult with a family, so I'm glad you're finding recipes that work!!

Brei said...

Good work!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Congratulations! And starting now with your little ones will pay off!

Michelle said...

Good job! Keep up the good work!

Kim Buesing said...

Yay Erin! Congrats!
One word..."Yonanas"
http://www.yonanas.com/