Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day Trip

Last Saturday, my sister, mom & I invited ourselves up to my cousin Stephani's house.  It had been a loooooong time since we've seen her and it was an added bonus that my aunt and cousin Kim could come that day too!  So we girls loaded up the swagger wagon - bursting with kids - and headed up to Steph's.

We arrived to a beautiful brunch and had a tour of her new house.  We caught up on each other's lives since it had been so long since we've had more than a few minutes to chat.

Ever since I cut my hair about a month ago, Haylie has been asking for a cut.  So, since my aunt is a hairstylist, I figured if she were up to it, Haylie could get a trim.  I'm not quite ready for that big girl cut yet.



She did great and her hair looks a lot healthier!  Soon after, Stephani's kids got their old costumes out and the fashion show began...
 

Eli, Evie and the rest of the gang had such a fun time with all these clothes!  They were everywhere.

This kid took about a 3 hour nap while we were there.  As soon as he woke up, he crawled over to the ledge between rooms and just sat there.  I guess it didn't bother him!  But he got into the dress up action pretty fast.



All in all, it was a GREAT day.  It was so wonderful to see my cousins and aunt and spend a whole day catching up.  The kids had fun too!  We need to make that a more regular get together.  We might even include the husbands next time.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Looks like fun! Mattie is sitting on my lap and finally said "Jace" instead of "baby"... he's growing up!!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

that's neat - I loved the "dress up" years!

Kim Buesing said...

Thanks to you and Em, I got my "baby fix" - it was a GREAT time! Loved every minute! Love you!