Friday, August 24, 2012

Training with Popsicles

Last post on potty training.  I promise.  Haylie will probably kill me later for talking so much about this.

Anyway, I just have to say...

We have success!!!

Last night, at dinner, I was discussing the day with Justin. I seriously was ready to throw in the towel with the training.  I was fed up and felt like I was forcing her and nothing was going right and all I was doing was cleaning up messes and washing wet panties.

So he took her potty. In the bathroom instead of the small pink potty I'd been trying.  And she peed like a champ.

I wanted to cry...out of frustration.  Here I was, trying all day long and he takes her once...and she does it no problem.

But I got over that quickly since my daughter used the potty.

So today was a much better day!  We had a few accidents but luckily they were outside.  I kept taking her about every 30 minutes and kept telling her the goal was to keep her panties dry.

So far it has worked!!!

And I might have given her two popsicles, mounds of marshmallows and a handful of M&M's to keep the momentum going.

But who cares!  Haylie is on her way!!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Hey, I'm all for rewards. Whatever works. I know it's frustrating and exhausting. Just know I'm thinking about you.