Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cold Turkey

To me, Sonic is only open from 2-4.  And possibly for lunch.  And maybe on the way home from the post office...or it just so happens to be open at 8 am when I'm thirsty.



Either way, I was frequenting Sonic a LOT.  One day I even had the girl in the drive-thru ask me if I had been there earlier that day.  Ummm....maybe. And it always was a Route 44 - do they even have other sizes?

But for awhile now, I've been thinking I need to quit drinking soda because let's face it.  Not good for your body or your waistline.  While pregnant, I craved Diet Coke like none other and thought I should indulge myself.  So I did.

Now I have a 6 month old and plenty of weight to lose.  I need to start somewhere.

Since I'm blogging about it, I'm making you my accountability partner.  I started on August 1 and haven't had a soda since (but I might have chugged a lot on July 31).  It's 16 days in and I promised myself a whole month...I'm doing much better than I thought I would be.  It's not to say that I won't ever drink one again - I just think it's time to find healthier options.

Once I master this, I'm thinking about tackling sweets.  You might not want to be around for that one.

5 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Go erin go! You really do crave it less after awhile. Have you tried just putting a bunch of fruits in a water pitcher? It flavors the water to help quench your thirst if your craving a sweet drink and its yummy!

Tarren and Erin said...

If you really need something from Sonic get a cranberry lime soda water. Pretty good and is cheaper than other drinks.

Kayla said...

You can do it!!!!

Maria said...

You're brave! So I'm guessing I shouldn't bring over a drink in the AM? ;) Just Kidding!! You totally got this!

Chellie said...

Soda is out for me too. Good for you and good luck. I'm sure your budget will like a few less drinks too.