Sunday, August 5, 2012

Flying with kids

We have been super busy these last few weeks.  Justin went on a work-cation to San Diego and I was home by myself with the two kids for the week.  He got home Friday evening and we turn around and leave for the beach for a week Saturday morning.  So finally, we are back, rested, tanned (well, Haylie is - the rest of us are still pasty and freckled) and ready to get back into the swing of things.

Because the trip was a first for my baby boy on a plane and Haylie was just flat out excited for her airplane rides, I must document the event by itself.  It was that good.
What is about to happen?!
We started out rocky by having a wet blow out with Jace and trying to feed him on the plane.  Don't recommend either.

 Not long after take off, this was my view. Love.

 The two flights going to NC were great.  Haylie was an angel and Jace slept both times.  Whew.

But the plane ride back....

Tears, poopy diapers, screaming fits, nursing on the plane, spankings, wrestling to sleep.

You name it, we dealt with it.

 
But we finally got it all together and had a pretty good time.
She's telling Bear a play by play of what she sees


A rare snuggle nap with my baby girl



Let's just say - we survived.  I don't plan on flying with a baby again if I can help it.  They are just too unpredictable.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen Sister! We WILL NOT fly with babies again... which I guess is good because that means any vacation we go on will just be Tim and I. :) But who knows when that will happen again!

Ryan and Katie said...

Jaces face in that first pic is ahhh-mazingly funny! Glad you had a fun trip cant wait to see all the pics!

Maria said...

I LOVE that first picture! And this is why my kids might not get to fly until they've graduated from high school. ;)