Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Half Birthday

On August 2, Jace turned 6 months!  We were at the beach, so we had to wait a few extra days to do the obligatory month pictures.


Mom, I just fell into a basket...
We went to the pediatrician today and J weighs 18 lbs, 26.5 inches. He isn't putting much weight on his legs and that worried me...but apparently he just has a "content" personality and doesn't feel the need to do much yet.  He is more like a 4 month old in this regard - happy, content, not doing much. Maybe later on he'll kick it into gear and roll over or something.  If the dr isn't worried, neither am I. It's hard not to compare my kids at 6 months - but it just shows how wonderfully different they are.
While eating or anytime he needs a paci and can't find one, he sucks his thumb.  Pretty cute now, going to be a pain to break later.
This kid will let me kiss on him 24/7.  I LOVE IT!! He is too squishy to not kiss.

Jace is eating anything and everything I feed him, still nurses a couple times a day but is definitely sleeping through the night.  He is getting better at his exersaucer and loves to kick his legs.
I've got high hopes for this next month.  Maybe at least sitting up on his own...well, if he feels like it. 

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

such a cutie!

Kim Buesing said...

Aww. Erin - this post was good for my heart! He is soo very sweet!