Monday, July 18, 2011

Retail Therapy

So I love being thrifty, especially when I can find things that I want or just need to have!  I've learned that not always paying retail price is the way to go.  I'm not sure if that's something that was passed down to me or something I've had to learn going from two incomes to one.  Either way, here are a few places around Edmond that are always good for a look.

Consigning Sisters - this cute clothing shop is definitely not an awesome place to actually consign your own clothes (weird customer service) but EVERY time I go in there, I find something I like!  The prices are about 50 - 75% off retail and are (mostly) name brand clothing.  You can't really go in looking for something specific though - odds are you won't find it.

HopeFully Yours - this is a great place because it serves a great cause.  All proceeds go to fund the Hope Prenatal/OB clinic and to buy staples in the food packages for clients.  They have good prices on clothes as well as maybe some household items too.

I recently had some great luck at Goodwill too! I needed to get a few more items for Haylie before the next consignment sales and I'm too cheap to buy new!  I found over 9 new shirts, a game and 3 books for less than $20.  You can't beat that at Target.

I know some people aren't into buying second hand.  To each his (her) own...but I'd rather save a buck or two - especially on the kid since her sizes and interests in toys are changing so frequently lately!!

Happy shopping!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I get too overwhelmed going into stores like that. Really I get too overwhelmed going clothes shopping period. I literally have an empty closet!!