Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Day for Missions

It's never a good thing when you are sitting in church, just passed your kid off to a friend and notice a big wet spot on your skirt.  Awesome.  I guess we soaked up every last inch of that diaper and then some!!  Anyway, today our church had a wonderful church service.  Once a year, we have everyone meet at the same time (we normally have to have 2 services) and although it's tight, it's awesome.  We have one contribution where everything goes towards missions for one whole year.  Although this year we were a little short (less than $1,000) of the $655,000, God is so good!!  Our church does wonderful things with all the funds it gives to missions all over the world.  I still think each year the goal is an enormous number.  My church back in DE would die to have that in a total of 5 years as a budget, not just one day of giving.  We have an amazing group of believers who are undeniably self-less when it comes to missions.  I am so proud to be a part of an amazing church.

I cried not once, twice, or even three times today.  I was just a steady flow of tears.  I was borderline with a nasty cry. I think it started with the two baptisms, then the videos of children singing, then the sight of our own MRCC kids singing in another language.  Justin got a good picture.  I think this is about the time where I came back in with Haylie for the third time.

Yep, it's packed!
Anyway, it has been a great but very busy weekend.  I'm ready for Monday to just relax a little.  Maybe it will get below 102 degrees?  I can only wish.  I didn't know I was now living in the Sahara Desert.

No comments: