Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Old Friends

This past weekend we went on a roadtrip to Wichita, KS to see one of my oldest friends ever.  The Bonds, known as Ryan, Katie, Coralie & Madeline, welcomed us to their home and we just had a very relaxing weekend.  Their friendship is great to us - I feel like even though we don't see each other all the time, we can pick up exactly where we left off!

Katie and I met when we were, what, 5 years old?  Our parents became instant best friends when we moved to Delaware and therefore, we had no other option.  We didn't mind though - we had so much fun when we were little girls.  We spent summers, church vacations, family vacations, and weekends together. Mostly, we just annoyed our big sisters by being so cool.  Our families were inseperable...until Katie's family moved away by a job transfer.  I'm very proud that Katie and I have kept in contact over the years, thanks to email and most recently Facebook and blogs.

Here is the second (third?) generation of the Cornett/Peterson best friends in the making.


While we had a fun weekend, we were not without a time out or two.  This is the face she makes while in time out...I'm sorry we annoyed you so.

But I think the worst best part of the weekend was when Justin discovered their new Honda Odyssey.  I think he fell in love and now thinks we should own one.  I have a HUGE mental block when it comes to owning a mini-van, but riding in a few lately, I might be swayed...with a lot of convincing.  I do admit it would be nice to have more room, and to me, this one doesn't look exactly like a van...but who knows what will happen?! 

Thanks Bonds for the great weekend.  Please come to Oklahoma soon!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We have a Dodge Caravan, and the newer ones look kind of more like SUV's. We love ours.

Kayla said...

I can't park those huge things! When test driving I tried parking at Walmart and was too scared to try getting in between two cars. Also, the pilot barely fits in our garage along with Wes's car so the van def wouldn't. That was the two factors that kept me away. Otherwise, I would have gone that route.

Summer said...

My parents have a swagger wagon. I. Love. It. I totally want one. Can't help it, I'm a nerd at heart.

Maria said...

Yay for mini-vans!!! We have a caravan too... and although I'm still sometimes in shock that I drive one, we love it. :)

Kathryn said...

It was so fun to have you here! Although since I just had another birthday, please don't call me your oldest friend. It's like salt in a wound. :)

We should start planning our trip to OK since they're 6 mos in the making!!

Lemonade said...

We have an Odyssey, you guys are welcome to take it for a spin anytime:) Once you get one, there's no going back. So. much. room. I think Chris wanted to have kids just so he could own a mini-van :)