Sunday, July 24, 2011

An Emotional Train Wreck

So far this pregnancy has been completely different from when I was pregnant with Haylie.  With Haylie, I was sick 24/7 for the first trimester, then craved watermelon and Diet Coke like it was my job.  With this pregnancy and Baby 2, I haven't been sick at all (thankfully!) but I have been ridiculously tired where I literally have to take naps every day (and will probably continue for awhile).  I am also so hungry but the majority of the time, nothing sounds good and then I feel sick from hunger.  When I do want something, it's very specific.  Like sushi, peachy-o's, peaches, salt and vinegar kettle chips, fried chicken, pizza...my list gets longer and more diverse every day.  And it's mostly junk.

Starting the 12th week (this past Thursday) has had it's ups and downs.  When I drink soda, it makes my stomach hurt and feel like I want to vomit.  And not to mention...an emotional bomb has apparently dropped on me.  All weekend I have been susceptible to spontaneously erupting into serious tears.  Just one little thing can set me off and it's downhill from there.  I'm not sure where this came from or why it's just now happening, but I feel sorry for anyone who crosses my path!!  Take this as your warning...

I've also been really bad about documenting things.  With Haylie, I have this book called "The Belly Book" where I could document feelings, current events, pictures of the growing belly, etc.  It's so cute and I had every intention of getting one for baby 2, but so far, I have yet to purchase one.  If I never get around to it, I'll just hide Haylie's just so Baby 2 doesn't feel left out.  That's fair, right?

4 comments:

Chellie said...

Maybe it's a boy.. I always craved salty/sweet foods with B. No ice cream, just candy and beef jerky.

Unknown said...

Ugh, I had the hunger-till-you're-sick-but-nothing-sounds-good feeling. I'm SO with you on that. So Lily has a baby book that's nicely filled out for the first year. Goo has a baby book that I've barely touched. Bad mommy!

Team Andrews said...

Mmmm peach-os and a nap, that's a good day!

Kathryn said...

HA HA HA! My second kid doesn't have near the momentos my first born does. She does have a few of the same things (baby book and first year scrapbook and life-long journal), but C had about 3 shutterfly books by now and had 8 baby showers. We 2nd kids understand, though, right?