Monday, June 6, 2011

You've Got a Minute To Win It...

Uh oh.  This guy turns the big 3-0 today! To celebrate, we had a gathering of friends and a few Minute to Win It games.


Here is Miss Princess getting ready for the party.
 And who needs to be cute when there is a pool to splash in - fully clothed!  (Good thing I waited all day to put her in that super cute outfit for it to get soaking wet in the first 20 minutes.  Sigh.)

So Justin wanted to play some Minute to Win It games at the party.  I had a fun time trying to find some good, fun ones and scoured the internet for others who did a party like this.  I found most of my inspiration at The Picky Apple.

I had couples pair up and pick a team name.  We then played 7 games - Bottoms Up, Face the Cookie, Stick the Landing, Penny Hose, Separation Anxiety, Paper Dragon and Tipsy.  I wish I had pictures, but of course every bloggers nightmare happened and our camera battery died.  Most everyone was saying how easy these games seemed, but surprisingly not many made it within the 60 second time limit.  The best time got 3 points, the next got 2 and the third best time (if we got that many) got 1 point.  Then the winner got the grand prize!  (Which were some awesome do & don't pregnancy/child raising books.  Hey, I just needed to find them a new home.  They are actually pretty funny.)


The Tall Guys section

During all this excitement, Haylie and B had their first cookie date.
 I wish I had fun pictures of everyone participating, but oh well.  We got it on video camera instead!!!  I had a good time and I hope everyone else did too.  It would have bombed if our friends weren't willing to cut loose and have a little fun at their own expense. :)

After everyone went home, our friends Tim & Krystal were staying with us and we had some more fun with Just Dance 2 on the Wii.  I'm really intense on this game.  I heart it.

My hair always looks like this but this time I have a reason.  I threw a party for the hubs and played some serious rounds of Just Dance.  I'll worry about a comb later.


Happy 30th Justin!!!

4 comments:

Kayla said...

It was really fun!! Great job!!

Kathryn said...

We played a bunch of games like that at a party we hosted in january! We made them all up though because we are dumb and didn't find any online. Let's swap ideas!

Chellie said...

I think it's obvious B has had a few more cookies than H! haha.
Can you e-mail me those pics of those two.
By the way.. we had a BLAST!!

Justin Cornell said...

You threw a great party! I had a great time. I could not have asked for anything better.