Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tantrums

My mother reminded me tonight that I have a blog.  Yes, I know this.  But, there has been a reason I haven't had something thoughtful, nice or witty to say.

Oh, you might think it's sweet and cute that mommy and baby are taking a little nap together, but the before events are what you would shake your head at.

In the last few days, Haylie has become demon possessed at nap/sleep time.  I wish I were joking, but she has started screaming, thrashing, arching of the back, hitting, drooling, etc. to not have me leave her alone to sleep.  The first day I laid down with her and she went right to sleep.  The next day, I did the same thing because I couldn't stand to hear her cry so...violently.  But then I realized that that probably wasn't so healthy to start so I am back to just listening to her sob.  It breaks my heart but I know this is the best thing to do - right?!  Today was another rough day when she went to sleep relatively quickly but then woke up after an hour to only throw the biggest tantrum of her life.

*sigh*

I wanted to throw in the towel today on motherhood.  I apparently went from having a sweet, calm, go-to-sleep-on-her-own to a daughter that I just might need to call a priest for an exorcism.

This too shall pass, right?  I want my sweet baby girl back!!

7 comments:

Kayla said...

So sorry!!! I've never met a teenager that screamed and arched their back at bedtime, so there is hope :)

Kristen said...

We have been in the tantrum stage for what feels like FOREVER... I feel your pain or... exhaustion :) I hope this phase passes soon for you!

Ryan and Katie said...

I'm so sorry! I just hate it when you've got something like nap time down pat and then they go and change on you. Good luck!

Maria said...

Right there with you! It seeems like Ella goes through stages of this and it's awful!

Tarren and Erin said...

We were doing just this at our house last week. I think Liesel is starting to get her 2 year old molars in or something. I seriously called my mother-in-law and asked if I should seek psychiatric care for her because she was being CA-RAZY! I feel your pain. It will pass I am sure.

Unknown said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry. We've definitely been through that phase more than once. BUT everything is temporary.

Becca D. said...

Ha ha Kayla! So true!
My advice is to have a few more, then you know there will never be any peace, so you don't care if they nap or not:) Kidding, it will pass...eventually.