Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Before & After: Guest Room

This is a pretty bare picture of before but it seems to be all I have.  Anyway, this room has been untouched since we moved in last year.  We put a little furniture in it to help, but the walls were dirty, the valence was horrid and the light would flicker like you were in a haunted house when you turned it on.  (Look at how little H was when we moved!!! Oh my.)


So this past weekend, Justin's parents came to visit.  On Sunday night (4 days before their arrival), Justin said he thought we should put up a ceiling fan in that room.  Okay - no big deal.  Then that turns into painting as well.  Alllright.  We go to Lowe's and within 20 minutes, we have a fan and paint picked out, ready to go.  It's called "Going Gray" by Olympic and I love, love, love it.  Gray is my new favorite color so of course I was ecstatic that he agreed with me on this color!

We ran into a few snags with the ceiling fan - mostly that our ceiling drywall started to crumble and break off so that was a big set back in the actual hanging.  We just let that be a project for Justin and his dad - since Dan loves to be busy!

So...dun dun dun...here is the after!


I'm still working on all the decor - that usually takes me awhile to really figure out the way I like it. But at least now all rooms in our house have been painted - no more peach!!!

4 comments:

Kayla said...

looks great!!

Chellie said...

I like the grey! Looks good.

Kathryn said...

I love it! The gray looks awesome! By the way, do you read younghouselove.com? I think you'd like it.

Gabrielle Aapri said...

Great job!:)