Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What a Day!

I feel like I've been hit with a truck, backed up over and then hit again.  I'm not exactly sure why today was so crazy, but it was.  Haylie would not nap.  I tried everything I could think of - and much to my dismay would still be screaming at the top of her lungs until she was foaming at the mouth.  At one point we got in the car and just drove around to see if that would stop the madness.  Once she got home she was happy and talking and probably wondering why we went somewhere in the car and never got out.  I'm just glad today is over with.

I'm also hoping that tomorrow will bring less poopy diapers.  H is a "regular" girl and will go like clockwork twice a day.  Tuesday I changed 6 poopy diapers and today was 4.  This can't be good.  Maybe the shrieking and the pooping have something in common.  I'm sure I'll realize whats going on once she's all better.  That's usually what happens.

I'm pretty slow on a lot of things, especially when it comes to parenting.  My mom and sister always give me a hard time that you have to be pretty blunt with me to pick up what your hinting about...and I'm completely lost when it comes to diciphering a 14 month old and what she wants. 

So I'm sitting here watching bad commercials and boring TV and I'm just glad to have an hour of vegging out without a cranky baby.  It's much needed...and tomorrow is another day!

3 comments:

Melody said...

Rosson had his first molar break thru a week or so ago so she might be fighting with some molars.....might be the reason for all the poop & crying! At least it usually is for Rosson!

Ryan and Katie said...

i hate days like that! does she have her molars yet?

Kayla said...

Oh man. Hopefully it wasn't too bad from 10-11 :(