Monday, January 31, 2011

This Looks Familiar...

Welcome to the Construction Zone...

 Now that we aren't having our small group over for Sunday evenings anymore, we decided to go ahead and demo our guest bathroom.  This is the first on a long list of renovations.  Hopefully it will go smooth since we've done two other bathrooms in our past.
 I wanted to see how hard it would be to chisel the tile up ourselves.  This is how far I got before I threw in the towel and told Justin to go rent the jackhammer.
 The result of the jackhammer...dust everywhere but the floor is up in an hour!
 Tile is down in the shower and walls are taken out!  We have to figure out how to take the old grout and stuff off the sides of the tub since we are not replacing that.  Any ideas?
Already looks better.  How long do you think it will take?  Justin's estimation was 1 week.  I'm thinking more like a month. Home projects + Cornells never equals fast, they always take 3x's longer than what we think.  We'll eventually get it done though...here's to a new bathroom!!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Oooh!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Kayla said...

I will once again pray for your marriage! Hahaha ;)

Michelle said...

I'm sure Justin wasa so torn up that you made him go rent a jackhammer!