Sunday, January 16, 2011

Steps & Haircuts

My wonderful Aunt Barbara came down this weekend to watch my cousins and they stopped by for a visit!  I love it when she comes down from Enid.  My aunt does hair for a living and has done my hair on numerous occasions.  She is always prepared with her scissors in case anyone is in need of a new style.  So this weekend, Haylie got her first hair cut!!  Thankfully it was not the mohawk that Justin has been dreaming about, it was just a trim.

 Haylie actually sat pretty well and let Aunt Barbara trim away. 

In other big girl news this weekend, Haylie took about 5 steps on her own on Friday night!  We were over at my sister and bro in law's house hanging out with them and my parents when she just walked like it was no big deal.  When I realized what had just happened I pretty much burst into tears.  I was not expecting her to do that at all so it caught me way off guard.  This was a big milestone weekend for Haylie - first big girl steps and first haircut!  Whew.  We need to recover from all this excitement!