Sunday, January 23, 2011

Five Things

My friend Mandy saw on another blog the idea to write about five things around your house that make you happy.  I'm always on the lookout for new things to blog about, so I decided to join in the fun!  Here are my five things in the order that they uploaded.

#1: Couch Pillows
Random, I know.  But, I'm such a matchy-matchy person and hardly ever use different textures and colors so these pillows are kind of out of the norm for me, but they bring such a nice texture to my living room.  I'm proud that I stepped out of my comfort zone and it looks so good (in my humble opinion!)


#2: Framed Pictures of Haylie
These pictures were actually taken by Mandy!  I found a great deal on frames, an even better deal on mats, and voila!  I created these beauties.  I love that I can look over from my bed now and always see my happy, smiley girl. 
 
#3: Haylie's Shopping Cart
This makes me happy because it makes my baby girl so happy.  She was given this by her Mimi and Umpy for her 1st birthday.  Who knew that it would provide her hours of entertainment and mobility and she would be so content with walking back and forth, back and forth?

#4: Fur-Fur
If you know me at all, you know that I adore cats.  Well, my cat Caramel is definitely no exception.  I have never met a sweeter, gentler cat who loves to cuddle.  It makes me so happy to lay down for a nap or watch TV on the couch and have her come sit with me.  She may not be the prettiest cat, but she is definitely my favorite!

#5: Kitchen Wall Art
I could sit and look at this piece of art for hours.  I think it is beautiful and fits in my kitchen SO well.  When I first put it up, if I was having a bad day, I would literally come in my kitchen, sit and just look at this.  Call me crazy (because of staring at the wall or because you think its ugly)...either way, it makes me happy!

If you want to join in the fun, go over to Mandy's blog!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I should do this...