Monday, January 25, 2010

Poor Baby

Last week, I started noticing that Haylie was getting some red bumps. I just assumed it was acne, but then it got worse...now it's on her neck, upper back, ears, forehead, face...everywhere it seems. So we took some pictures and sent it to Dr. Stephens...who by the way is fantastic and responded so quickly!



Apparently it's a variation of baby acne and cradle cap. We are going to try his suggestions and hope it goes away. I don't like my baby having teenager skin already!

6 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

maybe if she has acne now she won't have it as a teenager! If that's the case then I hope Liv gets it now rather than later when she'll care about her appearance :)

Brooklyn said...

I know it's sad, but I'm glad those are minor things. Poor baby! Hope it goes away soon.

Unknown said...

No fun. Hope it clears up soon!

Karla said...

My daughter once had a rash lke that when she was an infant. It scared me to death. I found out that it was caused by MY eating spicy foods. So if you're nursing her, it is something to consider.

Gena said...

Lovely. I was always terrified of cradle cap. I don't know why. Isn't Dr. S the best?

Lemonade said...

Ava got bumps all over her like that and it was actually because she has a sensitivity to our detergent. We got a script for baby hydrocortizone & started washing her (and our) clothes in dreft and it cleared up. We also use Aveeno baby cream on her skin. Her skin is very sensitive but those two things seem to prevent the break outs. Hope you guys are well!!!
~ Andrea & Chris