Thursday, April 30, 2009
Tomorrow I am going to Cuppie's & Joe with some friends for the first time. I can't wait - I hear it's an excellent place to just hang out.
Then on Saturday, lunch with JENNIFER LAIR!! It's been forever since I've seen her (crazy girl moved back to Montana) and I can not wait!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
I promise that all skipped BK's and Sunday evening churches have been for a reason.
I promise to try harder not to cry at silly cartoon movies or meaningless commercials.
I promise to work through my nausea all through the day in hopes that one day I will want to eat again.
Because when this baby comes in December, it will be all worth it.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Justin haulin' to the finish line. Looks pretty beat, but he is so close to finishing.
His official time was 1:56:35. I am so proud of him - his goal was about 2 hours. Pretty awesome for his first 1/2 marathon.
You know you can't run 13+ miles without leaving your butt sweat mark somewhere.
Fellow friends and marathon completers. These runners did awesome today!
David, Peyton & Justin - our hero 1/2 marathon runners of the day! I know a lot of people ran today - we cheered on the ones we saw! Hope everyone had a great time.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
I'll get off my soap box now. :)
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Awhile back someone sent me this list through email and I hung it on my wall at work so I can read it and remember these little lessons that are so important, yet can be easily forgotten! I wish I had the author who wrote these - just know I'm not smart enough to come up with these myself :)
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s okay to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry, God doesn’t blink.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living or get busy dying.
17.You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else. 20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare and then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except for you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone, everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative – dying young.
37. Your children only get one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
50. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
“May the Lord’s face radiate with joy because of you.” Numbers 6:24
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Sunday: Extreme Makeover Home Edition
Monday: Dancing with the Stars
Tuesday: The Biggest Loser/Dancing with the Stars
Wednesday: Law & Order(s)
Thursday: 30 Rock, The Office, My Name is Earl
Friday: Super Nanny
Where am I supposed to find the time to get the dishes done, clean the bathrooms, vacuum the carpets or cook dinner (even though we have easy recipes now). What's a girl to do?! Maybe I should quit my job so I can get the "chores" done. Or so I can become addicted to daytime television.
Monday, April 13, 2009
1 bag, 5 dinners. It shows you four easy recipes for each weeknight, all the ingredients for a handy shopping list (which should fit into one shopping bag - so clever) and you get pizza on Friday! Normally when Justin and I get home, it's such a struggle to want to make something. But with this - easy as pie!! Dinner isn't as stressful anymore! Whew.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Today on actual Easter, we went to church and then came home and did nothing! I wasn't feeling too good so Justin was a great husband and ran errands for me and let me rest all day. Since it was rainy and yucky outside, I had no problem with that! :)
What did you do for Easter?
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
This is our room - I think we were 1 of 3 couples who didn't get the king size and instead got the two fulls. Separate beds for Justin and I!
Except MY comforter had a gross "skid mark" of some sort on it. I thought it was disgusting but you know what, I still slept there.
Sunday communion. These are the coolest things I have ever seen. The "bread" and juice come in one container! I say "bread" but I kind of mean styrofoam.
All in all, it was a great weekend. It was a lot of fun to hang out with others from our class. I think we should do it more often. :)
Thursday, April 2, 2009
SO now that we had that out of the way, I was trying to envision what I wanted our flower bed to look like...so this is what I came up with.
It already looks a ton better - in my humble opinion. Now that this is done, let's tackle the backyard!! I can already see Justin jumping. for. joy.
We are off for our bible class retreat this weekend - I am pretty excited about it! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!