Thursday, April 2, 2009

Landscaping in the Dark

It's out!! All that remains of our water softener. It reminds me of a life size scuba Steve outfit. Justin pulled this out all by himself...I think he almost gave himself a hernia. That thing is heavy.

SO now that we had that out of the way, I was trying to envision what I wanted our flower bed to look like...so this is what I came up with.

Last night we decided that it was time to go buy the plants that we wanted...and by the time we got home, the sun was starting to go down. But does that stop us? No way :) We kept on planting our new plants, fertilizing, rearranging the stones and watering - all in the dark. Luckily our across the street neighbors have bright outdoor lights, so they were very helpful. Everyone who drove by (because we are on the main road) probably thought we are absolutely crazy "playing" in the dirt at night. They are probably right. Anyway, here is the side view...(SOOO much better without that huge ugly box)

And here is the view from the front. This time we got hardy plants that like the shade so we are hopeful they will grow and fill out more!! I'll also plant some pretty colorful flowers to really fill it in.

It already looks a ton better - in my humble opinion. Now that this is done, let's tackle the backyard!! I can already see Justin jumping. for. joy.

We are off for our bible class retreat this weekend - I am pretty excited about it! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Love it! I killed three of our plants from less than a year ago
:( I guess they need water....i dunno!?

Tonya Tuggle said...

Whew! What a lot of hard work. It looks great!

Katie B said...

Wow-- you guys are hard workers! If I were half as productive as you two then. . . I don't know, but it would be impressive. haha

The landscaping looks great. You did a great job designing it!

Nate said...

that is the most interesting architectural rendering I've ever seen...so life-like.