Tuesday, April 7, 2009

JSO Retreat

We had such a good time at the retreat this weekend for JSO!! It was great to get away from our normal routine and to hear Eddie and Sonya speak. They were inspiring, helpful and just plain practical. We need more of that in our lives. Saturday some of us decided to go for a hike/walk. Miranda Lawrence is my new hero because she did this hike in ballet slippers. This picture below is hilarious to me because it was SOO stinkin windy and there is no way you can get around that in this picture. We are all wind blown!


We reached the top!!

Peyton and I trying not to fly off the "mountain."
After we reached the top, three of us decided to turn around and go back the way we came and I'm glad we did!! The rest of the group decided to continue on and they ended up walking over all of the mountain tops to get down!! That just wears me out thinking about it.

View from the top.

This is our room - I think we were 1 of 3 couples who didn't get the king size and instead got the two fulls. Separate beds for Justin and I!

Except MY comforter had a gross "skid mark" of some sort on it. I thought it was disgusting but you know what, I still slept there.
Justin and some crazy guys got up for the sunrise Sunday morning. It was like 20 degrees!! I tried to stay in bed and sleep but Justin woke me up with the alarm, then unknown to me, he forgot his sweatshirt, so he came back but his door key didn't work. So I heard someone sliding their key in our lock but I didn't know it was him. I was SOO SCARED. I thought someone was trying to come in and rob us! Finally I heard a quiet, "Erin!!" So I rescued him from the hallway and gave him my extra sweatshirt. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep after that.
Sunday communion. These are the coolest things I have ever seen. The "bread" and juice come in one container! I say "bread" but I kind of mean styrofoam.

All in all, it was a great weekend. It was a lot of fun to hang out with others from our class. I think we should do it more often. :)

No comments: