Sunday, October 4, 2009

Let the Classes Begin

Yesterday, Justin and I got the joy of attending our first "baby" class - "Childbirth." I was kind of excited about going just so Justin and I could really understand what was going to happen and be on the same page. Justin has a book to read and all that jazz, but he never quite finished it...so, I knew this was going to be a big eye opener for him. We actually had a good time and even though the class was supposed to go from 9-5, our instructor promised us to let us go early. Anyway, the morning went by fast - even with the video we watched that almost made me pass out. But, we both survived and made it through the day. The only drawback to this class was that there were two couples in our class that wouldn't stop commenting and asking questions! You could tell even our instructor was annoyed. I'm all for being knowledgeable, but seriously, there is a time and a place and that time and place is at your next doctor's appointment! The whole class does NOT need to know every detail about your pregnancy or birth plan. I was pretty patient with them until it hit about 3 pm and I knew there was no way we were going to get out early because we still had several things on the outline to cover. Yea, we got out at 5 pm. Thanks for making us stay late, friends.

Needless to say, we survived the 3 videos, breathing techniques, pictures, diagrams, the whole bit. We even got to slow dance to a song together like we were in middle school. Didn't see that one coming, but we had a good time. Next up, child feeding and child care! Whoo hoo!

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I think that always happens. She said we'd get out early too but we got out after 5. Glad you found it interesting though!!

Candice said...

The epidural video almost made me pass out, too! I think it was because the TV was right in front of us and it was so loud! I watched it online before the class and had no trouble...weird.

Darla said...

WHAT is child Feeing? HA HA You made me laugh!