Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New to Fast Food?

Tonight after running some errands, Justin and I went to KFC on Broadway in Edmond to take advantage of their cheapo meals. They had a mashed potato bowl and drink for $2.99!!! Since that is my favorite, I really wanted to go. While we were waiting for our food, a man and his little boy walked in and were debating what to get. We couldn't help but overhear (there were only 4 of us in there) and we think this was his very first trip to a KFC. Or any fast food. Ever.

After talking on his cell phone about the menu to someone for about 10 minutes, he asked the cashier about the hot wings - whether they were spicy or not. He had her go and get one of each type of wing so he could see it. He does this twice. (Seriously, you need to see the food in person instead of on the menu?) Then he points to the bucket of chicken on the menu and askes the price. Hearing that it was $20, the man says, "Twenty dollars!! I could get three buffets for that...that too much." After being dissatisfied with the price of the bucket and hearing hot wings weren't spicy, he decided to get 10 wings. It went something like this (The man has an accent and it's more funny with it - ask Justin to do an impression)

Cook: "Sir we only have 8 boneless wings, and you ordered 10. We can give you 8 boneless and give you 2 regular wings."

Man: "No, I have 10 wings. Okay no wings and bucket of chicken."

(The guy really tried to get a bucket of chicken for the price of 10 wings...does it ever work like that?)

Cashier: "No, he just wanted regular wings not boneless wings."

Man: "Did I make mistake and tell you wrong? Yeah, you give me 10 hot wings, not spicy."

Cook: "Oh, I am sorry. I'll do that right now"

(Cook brings him his wings in a lunch-sized brown paper bag)

Man: "Where is all my chicken? Are they all in there?"

Cook: "Yep, they are in the box."

The man proceeds to take them out and analyze them - touching each piece and holding them up.

Man: "But where is the bucket? Why didn't my wings come in a bucket?"

Cook: "Sir, that's for the larger chicken - you ordered wings."

Man: "I have to feed three people! I can eat all this myself... I take these wings and...one snacker!"

(If any one has ordered a snacker, you must know that it isn't much bigger than a chicken wing.)

After completing his order and satisfied with his 10 piece wings and one snacker, the man leaves. Not 5 seconds later, he comes back in and says again, "I need to feed three people. I need one more snacker!"

I'm not sure if the KFC people misunderstood him and he really did want to order a bucket of chicken, but he finally seemed satisfied with the wings and two snackers. Justin and I were about on the floor, trying not to laugh very loud. Poor guy - I think he just wanted the KFC bucket for his wings.

*After re-reading this in the morning when I wasn't feeling so silly, this story is still funny, but it might be a "had to be there." Oh well, at least Justin and I had a good laugh!!*

1 comment:

Chellie said...

I think it's funny