Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Demo or No

I'm depending on you all that have been to my house to help me out with this. We have a lovely cabinet that overhangs over the bar that divides kitchen from dining area. Well, I've recently got a bee in my bonnet and I want to take this one set of cabinets down. I've done the research and the cabinets connecting has it's end piece and it will just take a little bit of painting and trim. We are planning on re-doing our backsplash at some point so that won't be an issue for toooooo long. I think it will REALLY open up our kitchen into the dining room area and this way, whoever is on the other side of our small kitchen, won't have to peer underneath to talk. I'm just worried that losing a cabinet will be no good - but I think I can make it work with a little rearranging and using cabinets in laundry room a little better. Anyway, I need help to convince my husband (or me if it's not a good idea!) Help??

Front side looking into dining room.


Backside of cabinets looking into kitchen.

4 comments:

Brei said...

Do it! I think it will turn out great and you will love it!

Michelle said...

Our cabinet had doors on both sides, we left it open, so that may be an option for you, then you still have it, but it opens it up a ton!

Chellie said...

I think you should leave it... but they may just be because we had cabinets just like that in the house I grew up in and they were so handy.. I would go with some sort of new arrangement.. like Michelle said.. maybe something with glass doors on both side or no doors.. I think you will miss the storage space.

Kayla said...

I wouldn't do anything until you figure out where everything would go and not use the cabinets for a little while. When selling houses, people like cabinets...however people like openess too. I can't remember how much cabinet space you have. Have fun!!! Hey we'll pay Justin to do our bathroom that Wes never finished!!!!